Version 0.5-1 is officially a minor release, but it actually has quite a bit in it, in particular the addition/improvement of a number of our algorithms. In addition there are some more improvements in our speed in building and compiling models and algorithms.
Changes as of Version 0.5-1 include:
- the addition of a variety of sequential Monte Carlo (aka particle filtering) algorithms, including particle MCMC samplers for use within an MCMC,
- a greatly improved MCEM algorithm with an automated convergence and stopping criterion,
- new syntax for declaring multivariate variables in the NIMBLE DSL, namely numeric(), integer(), matrix(), and array(), with declare() now deprecated,
- addition of the multivariate-t distribution for use in BUGS and DSL code,
- a new binary MCMC sampler for discrete 0/1 nodes,
- addition of functionality to our random walk sampler to allow sampling on the log scale and use of reflection,
- more flexible use of forwardsolve(), backsolve(), and solve(), including use in BUGS code, and
- a variety of other items.
Please see the NEWS file in the source package.