We’ve released the newest version of NIMBLE on CRAN and on our website. Version 0.6-10 primarily contains updates to the NIMBLE internals that may speed up building and compilation of models and algorithms, as well as a few bug fixes.
- some steps of model and algorithm building and compilation are faster;
- compiled execution with multivariate distributions or function arguments may be faster;
- data can now be provided as a numeric data frame rather than a matrix;
- to run WAIC, a user now must set ‘enableWAIC’ to TRUE, either in NIMBLE’s options or as an argument to buildMCMC();
- if ‘enableWAIC’ is TRUE, buildMCMC() will now check to make sure that the nodes monitored by the MCMC algorithm will lead to a valid WAIC calculation; and
- the use of identityMatrix() is deprecated in favor of diag().
Please see the NEWS file in the installed package for more details