Version 0.6-2 is a minor release with a variety of useful functionality for users.
Changes as of Version 0.6-2 include:
- user-defined distributions can be used in BUGS code without needing to call the registerDistributions() function (unless one wants to specify alternative parameterizations, distribution range or that the distribution is discrete),
- users can now specify the use of conjugate (Gibbs) samplers for nodes in a model,
- NIMBLE will now check the run code of nimbleFunctions for functions (in particular R functions) that are not part of the DSL and will not compile,
- added getBound() functionality to find the lower and upper bounds of a node either from R or in DSL code,
- added functionality to get distributional information about a node in a model or information about a distribution based on the name of the density function; these may be useful in setup code for algorithms,
- multinomial and categorical distributions now allow ‘probs’ arguments that do not sum to one (these will be internally normalized) and
- a variety of bug fixes.
Please see the NEWS file in the installed package for more details.